While it may sound weird to have a camera in your bathroom at first, it doesn’t have to be that way. Having a hidden camera phone in your bathroom can sometimes be for safety reasons. However, cameras are usually big and they are hard to hide and this makes the hiding a bit harder than you might expect. Therefore, this article will help you learn ways to hide your smartphone camera in the bathroom without being spotted.
So How To Hide A Camera Phone In Your Bathroom? First, to hide a camera phone in the bathroom you must find a good and flexible hiding spot. The phone must be set in position for the camera to have a good view angle of the entire bathroom. Some of the most popular hiding spots are in the ceiling, inside a cosmetic bag, or behind the picture.
Today, most modern smartphones come with a good-quality camera, and most of them do not have problems recording videos in low light. However, before you hide your phone in the bathroom, make sure to charge the battery fully. You will notice how people are not good at noticing things, especially when they are not expecting anything.
We recommend this Hidden Spy Security Camera for your bathroom if you need a good camera.
This article will help you learn how to properly hide a camera phone in your bathroom so that you can monitor and keep your bathroom safe from a distance. We will also explain at what angle the camera should be placed so that you can record everything.
Related Article: How to Lock a Bathroom Door Without a Lock.
Reasons Why to Hide Your Camera Phone in the Bathroom
First, we need to explain the reasons why we do this at all. Believe it or not, there are a lot of reasons why people decide to hide a camera in their bathroom. Here are a few reasons why:
- When people are expecting guests that they don’t trust. In that case the best thing to do can be to monitor their trip to the bathroom in order to stop any stealing or peeking into your private things.
- To monitor a nanny or a babysitter that is new and that you do not trust completely. You can find out if they are taking care of the child properly and that they are not stealing your things while you are not around.
- To look at the staff that usually steals things from the bathrooms.
- If you have a bathroom window, you need to be aware that robbers can enter through them also, so a hidden bathroom camera can help you react just in time.
- If you have younger kids and are worried about drowning or slipping on tiles but want to let them try bathing alone.
- Lastly, you just want to see how good you can hide things and not be noticed.
Important Steps Before Hiding a Phone In The Bathroom
Before you set up and hide your camera phone in the bathroom, you should pay attention to the following things:
- Place your phone so it has a good and wide view from your camera.
- You need a camera that has good quality.
- If possible, be sure to get a camera that is water-resistant.
- Test your camera after you hide it.
- Lastly, charge the phone battery fully.
Best Hiding Places For Camera Phone in the Bathroom
There can be many reasons why someone wants to spy on a person. But before we get into spying on somebody, it’s good not to cross the boundaries and be creepy. Because of that, you need to have a very good reason to do it. Here we’ll present you with some of the best hiding places where you can hide your camera phone. Some of them are more, and some are less obvious. So, let’s start!
1. Inside Heating Vent
If you have heating vents in your bathroom, this is a good place to hide your camera phone. Sometimes, this can be complicated, but it is one of the best options and definitely worth trying. Here is how to do it in just a few steps:
- First, remove the screws that hold the vent.
- Using a rag or sponge, clean out the dirt and dust inside the vent.
- Fill in the space with something sturdy, like cardboard.
- Make a stand for the camera out of cardboard or something similar.
- To take the best shot with your phone, place a camera 5 cm in front of the edge.
- Using tape, stick a phone to the cardboard.
- Turn on your camera and connect it to the live streaming service.
- Do a trial attempt to fix anything that is maybe not right from the first (angle, distance, resolution, quality, etc.).
- Close the vent.
You need to keep in mind things such as:
- Dust that is gathering up often, so it needs cleaning frequently.
- The phone can get wet, so you should put it in a protective case/bag if it is not waterproof.
- A long-lasting battery is very important because you do not want to charge your phone every few hours.
This smartphone has a very good quality camera, so be sure to check Google Pixel 6a 5G Smartphone.
2. Install It On the Ceiling
If you are scared that your phone may get wet, this may be the best option for you to hide your camera phone. It is a spot from which is very hard to reach, so you can be sure that the chances are really low of somebody actually noticing it. You can even try to put your phone in without taking the board off.
You just need to slide it through the oblong holes and this is how to do it:
- Slide off/unscrew the plastic/fiberglass cover of the vent.
- Make sure to place your phone in a way that it is not moving.
- Put the fabric on top of the frame to be a cover for any dust or dirt.
- Cut a small hole for the camera.
- Rehearse it and look at the footage to see if everything is functioning.
- Put the vent cover back.
If you think that people could notice it, you can also make a cover for this hole but that is not usually necessary because people hardly notice these kinds of things.
3. Hide The Camera in the Cabinet
Of these three methods mentioned above, this one is the easiest one to apply. You will need a cabinet that is loaded with things so that you can just place your phone somewhere in between these things. You can choose to leave it open and pretend like you forgot to close it, or you can wait for the person to open it and then catch them in the act.
4. Hide Camera In the Corner Of the Bathroom
This may sound a bit too obvious but the thing is that people usually do not search for cameras in the bathroom, so they will probably not see it even if it is obvious. If you place it well, it will be even harder for them to see it.
Here are tips that can help you:
- Place the camera on the wall with the door because that will make it harder to spot.
- Avoid putting it above the shower/bathtub because people can get bored while showering and look around the room.
- Avoid putting it where the window is.
- Choose a phone case that is identical to the background or similar to camouflage the phone.
5. Hide It Inside a Décor Piece or Pot Plant
People tend to put more and more decorations like plants inside their bathroom which makes it a perfect place for hiding things such as cameras inside them. No one will probably expect a camera in such a place which makes it a great hiding spot. It is best to place your phone in a fake plant so that you do not need to worry about water. Also, make sure to choose a bushy plant in order to hide the camera better.
6. Inside a Toothpaste Box
You will want to think twice before throwing out a toothpaste box because it can serve as a perfect hiding spot for your camera phone. Nobody will suspect that a toothpaste box in your bathroom is used to spy on you.
7. Use Cosmetic Bag
This is also one of the less obvious ways to hide your camera phone. Just like a toothpaste box, it makes a great non-suspicious hiding place. Fill a cosmetic bag with products to make sure that your phone will not stand out and place it somewhere where you have a good angle of the bathroom. If you place it above eye level, it will make it harder to spot, and you will have a better view of the room.
8. Behind a Picture Frame or Some Art Work
People tend to put art and pictures inside their bathrooms which can also make a really good hiding place for cameras. One way to do it is to place your phone behind a picture and make a little hole in the picture. You can also make your phone a part of the picture. By doing this, you can get a good angle of the bathroom, and that way you will see everything that is going on in your bathroom when you are not looking.
9. Clothes Hook
Putting a camera on a clothing hook may sound unusual, but it can definitely work. To make sure that your camera does not tip over, you need to place it on the clothing hook. It may seem risky, but it can definetly work. You can buy it on Amazon, and this is how to use it with a phone camera:
- A clothes camera that is pre-installed is better for these types of things because it is more stable when placed on the top portion of the clothes hook and also the clothes will not be in the shot.
- Hang clothes on the hook.
- Check if anything is getting in the shot and if yes try to move them around.
- Check the battery to see for how long you will be able to record.
10. Electrical Socket Camera
This solution is a little harder to apply but certainly can work out very well if you manage to do it. For this option, two types of cameras work the best:
- Cameras that look like electrical sockets – people probably do not know that they exist which makes it a perfect choice for your spy camera and they are installed just by placing them on the wall which makes it a simple option.
- Pinhole cameras – if you have a damaged socket, you can place this camera into the space on the side.
The demand for hidden cameras is increasing, so you need to be careful. The best is to watch this Youtube video to learn more about it:
For those who want to learn more, be sure to read Are Humidity Sensing Bathroom Fans Worth It.
There are many reasons a person would want to put a camera inside of their bathroom, most of which are for security reasons. There are also many ways to hide these cameras inside a bathroom. Some of the best hiding places were explained in this article, and they may serve you as an example of an idea for your own hiding place. Some places may seem obvious, but people mostly do not expect a camera which makes it easier for you. Hiding a camera is not that hard, and by using this article, it can be even easier.